- 17 April 2018
- Well, that's been an "interesting" 3 years. Thanks for looking into my site. Design took a side turn I didn't expect. Adjunct teaching and contract work phased into only contract work and left me questioning what my role as a designer should be. That work has ended and now starts a new chapter in my continuing development as an industrial designer.
- 30 July 2015
- Introducing Ring Case, for iPhone 6!
A whole hand to hold your iPhone?
What if you could just hold it, with one finger?
There's a case for that, Ring Case,
Available now at objecttheory.net!
- 21 July 2015
- With so many cool things happening in space (Rosetta, Philae, comets, Space X near landings, International Space Station images and video, and most recently...Pluto!) made me feel like a Space Cadet. A desktop 3d print, a reminder for when I grow up...(available at objecttheory.net)
- 15 July 2015
- Sure, other cases can protect your phone, but can they carry your throwing star? Cariband case, perfect for the modern day ninja, holds 1,001 things. #4 Ninja star
- 7 July 2015
- Hold on!
It's Shark Week!
Cariband case holds 1,001 different things,
- 2 July 2015
- Somi case for iPhone 6,
designed to be cross stitched,
something like this...
- 30 June 2015
- Somi, now for iPhone 6!
- 22 June 2015
- Cariband case for iPhone 6! Not everything you have is digital...yet. Cariband case holds your stuff! Available now! Want one? Get one!
- 18 June 2015
- Sorry for the long delay, and thanks for checking out my work. I've been designing/developing quite a few explorations with 3d printing, and finally have an iPhone 6. In a week's time I'll be posting what I've been up to. Thanks!
- 1 January 2015
- Happy New Year!
I've been working on a LOT of 3d print designs to release this year. Hope you'll like them. First off is an update for Cariband and Somi for iPhone 6!
Thanks for looking, come back soon!
- 22 April 2014
- Will not give you superpowers,
It can hold your key.
- 17 April 2014
- You know when you __________ and just need to carry 1 or 2 keys?
Introducing Keon V1!
A ring for your key(s).
Patent Pending and available now,
at my 3d print shop www.ObjectTheory.net.
Check it out!
- 29 January 2014
- Do you run?
Where do you put your key(s)?
Do you ever find yourself needing to carry just one (or two) key(s)? Without the whole ring of keys, jingling and jangling about?
You just need to carry 1 key, simply.
Easy on, easy off, knowing where it is at all times.
Without digging through all your pockets,
Without tying or untying them in your shoe laces,
Without tying or untying them in your shorts,
Without carrying them in your hands,
Without all the other keys you carry, but don't really need.
I've got something for you,
A new design,
Coming very soon.
- 30 December 2013
- Not just for iPhone 5/5s, Somi is available for the iphone 4/4s too!
- 15 November 2013
- Not just for yarn, you can sew fabric to the Somi iPhone case too. This is denim.
- 18 October 2013
- I was interviewed by an Australian 3D printing blog, check it out! OBJECT.LY
- 14 October 2013
- Introducing Somi, the sewable case for iPhone 5/5s and 4/4s.
There are many iPhones
and iPhone cases,
but this one,
And nothing says your own
like home sewn.
Stitch, sew, needle point, yarn
plus your imagination and skills.
Sew it up!
Somi whatcha got!
- 14 October 2013
- Somi, for iPhone 5/5s and 4/4s.
- 9 October 2013
- Sew, I've been working on a project that involves plastic canvas. Heard of it? It's an easy way to learn needlepoint with yarn. I like the precision of 3d printing, but with things we own, it's nice to have a sense of personalization, of customization, of expression, of self.
- 18 September 2013
- Inspired by a TED talk by Simon Sinek, I sought to answer the "why" of my design, versus the what and how I design. After some thought and many drafts, here is some insight to my work.
Large companies design and sell products targeting broad groups of people, however, you are not a group, you are a distinct, unique individual. Luckily, we are in an incredible point in time where a revolution has begun. The maker movement and 3d printing empower and celebrate the creative abilities and uniqueness of individuals. It enables people to create and purchase things otherwise difficult or impossible to create or obtain. As a designer, I love this because it gives me the freedom to explore ideas, design objects and share them, even if only for a few people, even if only for 1 person. In this short life, the best thing we can do is be more of who we are, no one else can do that. Like what you like, do what you love. My objects are designed with this in mind. Celebrate your individuality, your unique, quirky, wierd awesomeness. Not everyone is going to like my designs, that's OK, but I hope you will. Be More You.
- 16 September 2013
- Test prints coming back this week! If all is well, a new design release very soon!
- 28 August 2013
- Akio, a 3d printed wallet/money clip, it's thin.
- 26 August 2013
- Introducing: Akio, a 3d printed wallet/money clip!
When you get dirty,
when you get wet,
when you need your ID and cash.
Available at my store Object Theory at Shapesways.com.
- 24 July 2013
- Sneak peak, my latest 3d printing project. A what?
- 18 June 2013
- Sweet! Cariband is on rotation of front page of Shapeways! Presently working on more 3d print designs. Stay tuned!
- 10 May 2013
- Cariband case for iPhone 5 holds stuff, even, a single hare.Yours today!
- 9 May 2013
- Cariband 3d printed case for iPhone 5 is also available in blue!
- 9 May 2013
- You know how sometimes you wish you brought your charger? Cariband case for iPhone 5 holds stuff. Get yours!
- 3 May 2013
- Out today! Can't wait to see Iron Man 3!
- 1 May 2013
- When things get out of hand,
Hold your Horses!
Cariband case for iPhone 5,
Available at my shop,
Object Theory at Shapeways.com
Check it out!
- 27 April 2013
- Ever lose your ear buds?
Cariband iPhone 5 case, it holds stuff.
Check it out!
- 25 April 2013
- So, what's this 3d printing I've been up to?
Cariband, a case for iPhone 5
- 25 April 2013
- Today I opened a shop on Shapeways called
Cariband case for iPhone 5 is now live and available!
- 13 April 2013
- 19 March 2013
- Just received 3rd round of prototypes from Shapeways. 1st round, tight fit, 2nd, detail needs resolution, 3rd, it's nice when things work out.
- 2 March 2013
- Shooting and reshooting photos and trying to make the fit better. I've adjusted and resent the models in hopes of getting a better fit. Fighting impatience...
- 18 February 2013
- Just received my first 3d printed designs back from Shapeways. Oh. Man. Very, super, Excited!! They look good, and work! Photos and links up soon!
- 22 January 2013
- I am really really liking/loving 3D printing. It's not quite "perfect" yet, but the potential power of this, especially for designers, is quite mind-blowing. My mind is racing, I can't wait to show you.
One area of caution (of 3D printing) though is that it's too easy to produce form. Just because you can do something, should you? Creating form still needs to be disciplined. Form is alive, it does things.
Charles Eames spoke about this, the idea that the craft of forming an object disciplined the form making for a designer. Considered form vs. form for form's sake.
- 7 January 2013
- As amazing as digital world is, it cannot escape that it exists as a result of the analog world.
- 1 January 2013
- Happy New Year!! It's going to be a doozy!
- 25 December 2012
- Merry Christmas everybody!
- 7 December 2012
- New section! APPS!
for iPhone, iPod and iPads!
- 16 November 2012
- So, I have been teaching myself how to code, and will soon release my first app for the iPhone, iPod and iPad. What a journey, and it's only just begun.
- 11 November 2011
- 1 September 2011
- Tree Chunk process showing at the Matter exhibition at The Bakery in San Diego! Opening tonight and on till September 10th. Check it out if you're in the area!
- 6 July 2011
- Last Day to vote at Stylefactory.com for Cuda! I sure would appreciate it if you haven't yet. Many Thanks!
- 23 June 2011
- T minus 13 days 17 hours 13 minutes 34 seconds. Still time to vote Make It for Cuda @ Stylefactory! Thanks!
- 24 May 2011
- Plane Chair No. 1, a new design of mine that got selected for the 4th Annual Modern + Design + Function Austin Furniture Now exhibition sponsored by Austin Design Within Reach. Exhibition on Thursday, May 26th, 6 - 9pm.
- 13 May 2011
- 22 April 2011
- Weasel' n A Round, ... more soon
- 21 April 2011
- Cloud Swirl
- 5 April 2011
- A Round is one of my new projects. I am in the process of shooting it and will post it soon, but in the meantime, you can see and read about it at Glasstire!
- 26 March 2011
- I'll be at Lawndale Design Fair 2011! April 1-3rd. Two new pieces!
- 6 March 2011
- Out now!
- 6 March 2011
- Artbox Magazine, Issue #13
- 25 January 2011
- Tree Chunk is in Artbox Magazine, issue#13!
- 18 January 2011
- Artist in Residence at Houston Community College
- 2 September 2010
- Cuda is in the September issue of Houston!
- 25 July 2010
- New work up! Work Unit
- 28 May 2010
- Tonight! Tonight!
The Mix @ 2101 Winter Street, Winter Street Studios and opened shop @ Etsy!
Buy a Tree Chunk!